You will have been told by Barney and I, and constantly one hears on TV, of how important a routine is. The winter is a great chance to install one, as well as making practice more enjoyable. Secondly, when playing, rhythm and balance is more important than technique and so make that a priority too.
So, the suggested routine: Firstly establish a routine! Not everyone’s will be the same, but the important elements are:
- Approach each shot as a new one from behind the ball,
- Take aim at small targets (you should still have alignment and ball position guides in place),
- Concentrate on rhythm and holding a good finish until the ball lands.
This helps enormously to encourage the rhythm and balance required in a consistent swing.
- Hit 3 half wedges, 3 three-quarter wedges and 3 full ones.
- Follow this with 3 seven irons and then 3 drivers.
- Now take 9 balls and hit a Driver, followed by a 7 iron and then a wedge.
Do this 3 times in rotation; 1st wedge a full one, second three quarters, 3rd a half wedge. Remember, each and every shot is a new one starting from behind the ball! Practice this regularly on its own during the winter, and use it each time before play as a warm up, if you have the opportunity to do so, and likewise each time to finish a practice session. It only requires 24 balls and takes no more than 15 / 20 minutes. This is practising to play and completely separate from practising technique.
DSG January 2022 Availability HNY!
I trust that you are well and that you had a good Christmas and New Year.
DSG October 2021 Availability
I am writing to bring you up to date with the current availability of the forthcoming events and also to advise you of the new events which have now been launched for the 2022 season.