David Short Golf – About Us
The ethos behind David Short Golf is to provide a personal, structured and thorough evaluation of one’s golf game within the tuition and coaching events. Add to this a wonderful social ambience which is carried through to the Escorted Golf Tours and with David & Barney’s ever cheerful manner, down to earth approach and most professional teaching skills, there can be few better environments to improve or enjoy your golf break, than with David Short Golf. For the past 20 years David Short Golf has provided three tiers of golf events; UK weekend Golf Schools / Academy, overseas Golf & Coaching weeks and Escorted Golf Tours.
- The Academy programme will concentrate mainly on technical aspects, ensure you have the right equipment and send you home with a clear understanding of how to best work with what you have learned on the golf break. Read more
- Golf & Coaching UK is aimed at giving a more rounded picture of all aspects of the game. As well as technical aspects we will discuss, equipment, mental issues, good practice and course management while enjoying a daily game. Read more
- Golf & Coaching Overseas during the winter months helps us to get our game ready for the summer season. Read more
- Golf & Clinic Weeks Essentially these are Golfing Weeks, but we include an hour on several days, for the Professional to run through one or two topics, Read more
- The Escorted Golf Tours provide the opportunity to experience some wonderful golf courses and resorts in the UK, mainland Europe as well as in Africa and Asia. Read more
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions regarding the above and I hope we can enhance your enjoyment of this great game in the future. David and the team at David Short Golf
David Short – PGA Professional Golf Coach
I learned my golf in Lincolnshire and turned Professional in 1968 at the age of 17. I was the Assistant Professional at Sleaford Golf Club for one year and in 1969 moved to the Budock Vean Hotel & Golf Club in Cornwall. In 1971, I played tournaments and spent ten months as the Assistant Professional at Temple Golf Club in Henley on Thames, before being offered my first full Professional’s position at Perranporth Golf Club in Cornwall in 1972. Read More
I turned professional in 1979 and became an Assistant Professional to Ian Connelly at Dyrham Park Golf Club. Ian Connelly was one of the most foremost teachers of the day, coaching many fine players and writing for a number of golf magazines. He was best known for being Nick Faldo’s original coach and I still use many of the ideas that he taught me to this day. Read More
I established Countrywide Golf Holidays in 1992, originally organising golfing breaks and holidays in Cornwall and North Devon. Within five years the destinations covered the whole of UK and thereafter spread abroad. It was in the early 2,000’s that Countrywide Golf Holidays first started working with David Short Golf. Both Cornish based; David with a great service to promote and Countrywide Golf Holidays with the resources and infrastructure to develop the opportunities, the joint venture was a natural one.
Over the subsequent years the relationship has evolved, so much so that Countrywide Golf Holidays now plans the portfolio of destinations, provides the marketing and booking service, with David, Barney and Aaron able to focus what they are best at, the teaching and hosting of the events.